Our Vision and Values
As a Church of England school we are proud that our vision, ‘A space to learn and grow – working together in the knowledge and love of God to flourish in all that we do’ is rooted in the theology of the Church of England Vision for Education and the teachings and example of Jesus Christ.
The Weald is a Church of England Primary School, in The Good Shepherd Trust, where pupils and staff act out their faith in their daily lives, with Jesus as their example.
Our values contribute to both the vision and ethos of our school. Whilst these values are Christian in their origin, they are values that those of any faith or no faith can ascribe to. These values flow through all aspects of our school life, they help inform decisions and policies, shape our curriculum and equip our learners with values for life.
Each half term, the children explore one of the school's values through Collective Worship and the curriculum. Each class has a reflection area to allow space for personal reflection, spiritual development and prayer.
The following Bible verses help us to focus on the Christian foundation of our vision and our values.
- Respect - “And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.” Luke 6:31
- Trust - “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Psalm 56:3
- Responsibility - “Arise, for it is your task, and we are with you; be strong and do it.” Ezra 10:4
- Forgiveness - “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
- Love "Love your neighbour as yourself." Mark 12:31