The Weald Church of England Primary School is committed to educating children about the environment and sustainability.
As part of our commitment, we have signed up to participate in the Plastic Education Challenge during the academic year 2019-2020.
During the autumn term 2019, we will be working with the children to endeavour to achieve Bronze Accreditation:
- Sign up for the Ocean Guardians Challenge school assembly
- Your school newsletter references your target to achieve Ocean Guardian accreditation and links to www.plasticeducation.com website shortly after you sign up for the assembly
- Whole school assembly delivered to share key Ocean Guardians Challenge messages around any or all topics of pollution, plastics, recycling or protecting the environment - assembly delivered on the 7th October 2019
- A lesson (or lessons) taught to at least 25% of the school’s population that address topics of either pollution, plastics, recycling or protecting the environment. (Lesson plans to be uploaded to Plastic Education website for evidence)
- Class, Key Stage or School Pledge created explaining what steps the school and children will take to make a difference to our environment. ‘Before’ and ‘After’ statistics demonstrate impact towards specific school ambitions.
- ‘Ocean Guardians’ display space created to report the progress towards pledge targets.
- School has contacted their local watersports providers and begun a conversation about engaging children with watersports
If you have interest, time or skill and can support us in educating a future generation on plastics education, please contact us via the school office. We will keep this page updated with our progress.