Our Vision and Ethos
A space to learn, a space to grow - becoming outstanding in all that we do.
The Weald is a Church of England Primary School, sponsored by The Good Shepherd Trust, where pupils and staff work together in the knowledge and love of God. We try to act out our faith in our daily lives, with Christ as our example.
- Respect - Everybody is important. I am not better than others.
- Trust - "The glue that holds our relationships together" Brian Tracy
- Responsibility - "Do your little bit of good where you are; it's those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." Desmond Tutu.
- Forgiveness - I will choose to forgive even though it might be difficult. "Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." Ghandi.
- Love "Love your neighbour as yourself." Mark 12 v31.
Our whole school community selected these values and investigated why they are important to our school – this included children and parents.
The values are an important part of how we learn and they are integral in every learning opportunity and aspect of school life; helping to build the strong Christian character and ethos of the school.
We invite you to share your thoughts on how our academy ‘feels’ when you visit and join us in celebrating these values with us.
- The welfare of every child should be at the heart of all that we do.
- Learning should be imaginative and fun; a happy child makes better progress.
- A strong partnership between staff, pupils and parents is vital for each child to grow in confidence and to achieve their very best.
- Our Christian foundation helps us to foster respect for others, responsibility for ourselves and mutual trust.
- Every child will leave our school with the knowledge and skills needed to flourish in their next phase of education and life
Our Learning Behaviours