The Good Shepherd Trust
The Weald Church of England Primary School, is proud to be an academy that is sponsored by The Good Shepherd Trust.
Information on the finances and governance arrangements (including annual reports and accounts) can be found here.
The Trust Board has a Register of Interests, which can be found by following this link.
Key activities include:
1. Delivering excellent education for every pupil
2. Enhancing the distinctively Christian character of our Church schools
3. Ensuring sound financial management and effective use of public funds
4. Agree the aims and objectives for the school
5. Set the policies to achieve those objectives
6. Set challenging but realistic targets for teaching and monitor and evaluate
the progress the school is making
7. Be a source of challenge and support to the Headteacher
(acting as a ‘critical friend’)
The Local Committee (LC) receive regular reports on standards and teaching and monitor progress data. They visit the school regularly, covering all classes, to monitor progress and identify any issues and provide an oversight and agree the budget of the school.
The Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and working to the objectives agreed by the LC. The LC provides the framework within which he and his staff work.
The LC meets six times per year (more if required and at least once per half term) and all LC members are expected to attend.
The LC comprises of people chosen and appointed by The Good Shepherd Trust, for their expertise and ability to work with school leaders, in order to accelerate the rate of school improvement. There is much to celebrate in the school’s progress to date and the LC are supporting the initiatives for ongoing improvement, which are already having a demonstrable impact.
Further information regarding the local governance of our school can be found on the Get Information About Schools website.
The Chair can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here for The Good Shepherd Trust's financial reporting.