Pupil premium is an additional fund for children who:
- Currently have or have been eligible for additional funding and/or free school meals (FSM) at any point in the past 6 years.
- have been continuously looked after (LAC) for the past six months.
- are adopted or who have left care.
- have parents currently serving in the armed forces, or whose parent /guardian is in receipt of a pension from the MoD.
- have been in care for at least one day.
Pupil Premium Support at The Weald
At the Weald we look at the overall support for children eligible for pupil premium and review each case independently on a regular basis to see how we can support them to make rapid progress across all aspects of school life. This support can be given in the form of:
- Homework club
- One-to-one tuition
- Precision teaching
- Clubs, lunch and after school
- Additional support in lessons
- School trips and residentials
- Social, Emotional and Behaviour Support both in school and through multi professional partnerships
- Thrive and SEAL social emotional development groups
- Rapid phonics
- Units of sound
- Speech and language 1:1 support and small groups
- Booster groups for Y5 and Y6
- Traveller Education Service support
- Home school link worker support
- Behaviour Support
- CAMHS Community Nurse and/or School Nurse Health Support
- Family Support Workers
- Specialist links to services for children with Special Educational Needs as required (eg Linden Bridge Specialist Outreach Service for Children on the Autistic Spectrum)
At The Weald, our aim is for all pupils to make expected or more than expected progress by the end of Y6. If you think your child may be eligible for Pupil Premium funding, please contact the school office.